- The changing nature of skills in mainly due to technological development and the increased awareness of humans on the world around them, imposing the demand for upskilling, among others for the purpose of keeping employment, social inclusion and lifelong learning. Among those key skills for current times and the future are networking skills.
- Through networking you can establish new contacts, but also face new challenges. You can even meet potential partners, employers or friends.
- Networking skills will differ by sector and services, might be linked with education or hierarchy and most likely with daily routine, habits and responsibilities.
- Essential networking skills include being an active listener, staying focused, communication, public speaking, empathy, collaboration and teamworking.
- Upskilling will be closely related to new technology that will imply the expansion of possessed networking skills, either for communication or transmitting data.