3. Intradisciplinary, Cross Disciplinary, Multidisciplinary, Interdisciplinary, Transdisciplinary
- Intradisciplinary: working within a single discipline.
- Cross disciplinary: viewing one discipline from the perspective of another.
- Multidisciplinary: people from different disciplines working together, each drawing on their disciplinary knowledge.
- Interdisciplinary: integrating knowledge and methods from different disciplines, using a real synthesis of approaches.
- Transdisciplinary: creating a unity of intellectual frameworks beyond the disciplinary perspectives.
Source: Alexander Refsum Jensenius, Disciplinarities: intra, cross, multi, inter, trans