- Verbal communication helps you define reality from emotions, experiences, objects, ideas, to thoughts.
- Having a transparent and coherent verbal communication with confidence boosts the flow of thoughts and ideas.
- When you have strong verbal communication skills, you naturally gain the power to influence or persuade someone.
- Active listening is the foundation of successful communication. It can promote a feeling of being valued and create a feeling of trust, strengthening working relationships and making it a valuable workplace skill.
- Being empathetic to how individuals feel will assist you with communicating your ideas and thoughts in a way that bodes well to other people, and it will assist you with understanding others better.
- Be fully present in virtual communication to maintain productivity. Minimize distractions such as checking your phone or email while in a meeting.
- When presenting, the volume and intonation of your voice should be used deliberately to highlight and help you make your points and captivate and stimulate your audience.