- Teamwork is more than just sharing goals. It is about an equal exchange and a shared benefit.
- Interdisciplinary teams consist of members with different competencies and experience, who seek to achieve the same goal.
- Interdisciplinary teams are characterized by a non-hierarchical organization, in which responsibility for the effective functioning of the team is shared by all team members.
- Interdisciplinary teams depend on the wise and creative integration of diverse viewpoints.
- Each team member in an interdisciplinary team builds on each other’s expertise to achieve common, shared goals.